Determination and Handling of Papers Involved in Academic Misconduct
To promote the academic ethics of sci-tech journals and research integrity, protect the rights and interests of readers and authors, maintain our quality and reputation, the Reservoir Evaluation and Development will frequently check the submitted contributions in accordance with the editorial process. For papers determined with academic misconduct, the editorial department will retract the paper and give serious treatment. The specific determination process and measures are announced as follows:
1. The determination process of academic misconduct
The Chinese "Academic Misconduct Literature Check" and relevant search engines will be adopted to check the paper. At the same time, we actively focus on clues provided by peer review and use China Academic Journal Network Publishing Database to check the full text to identify whether there is plagiarism, forgery, tampering, improper authorship, multi-contribution or other misconducts. The editorial department will, in a prudent attitude, invite experts in relevant research fields or the editorial board to review and confirm the papers with high rechecking rate.
2. The scopes
1) All submitted papers, papers ready for acceptance and accepted papers;
2) Published papers reported for suspected academic misconduct.
3. The determination criteria of academic misconduct
"Academic Misconduct Literature Check " of China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI) will be used to check and test the papers. If the rechecking rate is more than 10%, the editorial department will submit the paper together with the comparative paper to reviewers or the editorial board to determine the nature and form of the duplication of the paper and prepare the "Determination and Handling of the Similarity between the Paper and it Comparative Paper".
The criteria for identifying a paper as an academic misconduct are as follows:
1) copy the results of others without change or basically without change;
2) change the type of others' achievements and treat the achievements completed by others as those completed by oneself independently; do not change the type of achievements but use the copyright-protected contents and change the specific form of expression, and regards the achievements completed by others as those completed independently by oneself;
3) citing others' protected viewpoints, schemes, materials, data, etc., without indicating or listing the corresponding references;
4) the main content of the paper is the same as that published by the author oneself or others in print or on online platforms, with only some changes in the form and without substantial research progress;
5) fabricate or tamper with research results, survey data, experimental data or literature materials in the paper;
6) submit the same paper to other journals;
7) disputes over the authorship and author’s unit.
4. The handling of papers involved in academic misconduct
1) The editorial department will take a prudent attitude towards papers that are ultimately deemed to be of academic misconduct, inform the authors in time, and allow the authors to explain and defend the issue before we make the final decision.
2) If the paper has not been accepted, the editorial department will immediately terminate the processing process, reject the paper and give criticism to the author.
3) If the paper has been accepted but not officially published, the editorial department will reject the paper and cancel its qualification. At the same time, the author will be recorded and warned.
4) If the paper has been officially published, the editorial department will publish an announcement on the journal and the website to officially retract the publication, notify the cooperative database to delete the online edition at the same time, and terminate the dissemination of the paper. At the same time, the editorial department will inform the author's unit. The author shall return the contribution fee, apologize to the journal, relevant party, unit, and all the readers on the paper for the infringement and the adverse effects and shall bear the corresponding responsibilities. If the reputation of the journal is influenced or other losses are caused to the journal, the editorial department have the right to claim compensation.
5) The editorial department will not accept any paper written by the first author or corresponding author within 3 years, who is involved in seriously plagiarism and multi-contributes.
5. The handling of author’s opposition
If the author of the paper opposes the determination and handling, he/she can send written application for recheck within 10 working days after receiving the notification from the journal (we don’t accept an overdue application). The editorial department will invite experts to be responsible for the recheck of the paper and make a final decision. The editorial department will inform the author the final results within 30 working days.
The above measures shall come into effect from the date of publication, and the editorial department of Reservoir Evaluation and Development shall be responsible for interpretation.
Editorial Department of Reservoir Evaluation and Development