Founded in 2011, Reservoir Evaluation and Development was developed from the Well Testing and Production Technology, which was published in 1979. It is now sponsored by East China Petroleum Bureau. Reservoir Evaluation and Development focus on oilfield scientific development and production to facilitate the improvement of China’s oilfield development technologies and promote the development of oil and natural gas industry. It mainly covers scientific achievements and advanced experience about domestic reservoir evaluation and development projects. It also introduces advanced technologies, development situation and direction of foreign countries in a well-targeted manner.
Reservoir Evaluation and Development is published bimonthly both at home and abroad on the 26th. The contents will be first published on the official website of Reservoir Evaluation and Development and its Wechat official account, as well as the China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI), Wanfang Data Knowledge Service Platform, Chongqing VIP Information, and other databases. At the same time, it will be published in print.
Reservoir Evaluation and Development set permanent columns like “petroleum geography, reservoir evaluation, petroleum engineering, unconventional oil and gas, comprehensive research” and etc. We welcome contributions from all technologists.
Papers shall be only formally submitted through our online submission system and we don’t accept submissions in other forms. Our official website is http://red.magtech.org.cn/. If you don’t receive a response of publication, revision or rejection 2 months after you submitted the paper, please contact the editorial department or leave a message at the website. It we consider publishing your papers, the editorial department will timely send a response of publication or opinions for you. You shall send back the revised paper and vectographs without delay. Without a prior appointment, if you fail to send back the revised paper within one month, you will be considered as wavering this opportunity. For those papers we don’t consider publishing, we will promptly send the author a notification, but do not return the paper. Please give us the telephone number or the E-mail address.
In principle, we won’t charge authors any fees. Once the manuscript is published, we will pay the contribution fee in accordance with regulations and give the lead author two copies of journal. All authors can get access to our website and download PDF of all published papers for free. The Chinese and English abstracts and the full text published will are included by relevant abstracts, retrieval systems and websites at home and abroad. The author's royalty for copyright and this journal's contribution fee will be paid in full. The right of reproduction, distribution, communication through information network, translation and compilation of this paper belong to the editorial department. If the author does not agree with this stipulation, please indicate it when submitting and we will deal with it as appropriate.
Other requirements for submission:
1. The criteria for papers are that
(1) They cover a new theory, methodology or research achievements about oil and gas exploration and development
(2) They include clear opinions, reliable arguments. The main achievement shall be completely solely by the author. The author shall ensure that there is no plagiarism, no dispute about the authorship and the author shall be responsible for any problems caused by the paper. Any citation of other’s achievements shall be indicated in the paper in accordance with The Copyright Law of People’s Republic of China and listed as the reference. Any confidential documents which are not for publication shall not be cited as reference. If any dispute is caused by the copyright, the author shall take all the responsibilities.
Any paper submitted to this journal will be deemed to have passed the confidentiality review of the author's unit, and the author shall provide the confidentiality agreement sealed by the unit. If the disclosure occurs due to the publication of the paper, the author shall be responsible for it.
To build high academic morals and maintain the quality and authority of the journal, the " Academic Misconduct Literature Check"(AMLC) will be used to check the manuscript, so as to curb academic misconduct.
2. Format requirements
(1) Title: The tile shall be accurate, concise and novel which express the concept and contents of the paper. It shall also have a retrieval value, which helps choose descriptors and key words. The title shall be no longer than 20 Chinese characters and a subtitle can be included if necessary. Borrowed words, abbreviations, symbols or codes which have not been acknowledged or unfamiliar to peers shall be excluded. An English version of the title shall be contained.
(2) The name of authors and their unit: The names of authors shall be separated by commas. For authors from different units, different Arabic numbers shall be marked at the upper right corner of their names respectively and the same number shall be added before the name of each unit. The name and unit of authors shall be in English. The family name and the given name in English must be separated, with the family and the first letter of the given name be capitalized. The standard English name of the unit, the city and postal code of each author shall be included.
(3) Funded projects: Funded projects refer to the funding background of the papers, including funds and projects. If the paper has such background, the official name and serial number of the fund or project shall be written down, and the fund certificate sealed by the unit shall be provided.
(4) Abstract and key words: Abstract is the objective abbreviation of the contents and the number of words shall be between 300 to 500. It shall be written in the third-person perspective, including "research purpose, research methods, results and conclusions", with the focus placed on the results and conclusions. But it should not simply repeat the conclusions in the paper. The purpose mainly explains the author's purpose of writing this paper or explains the main problem to be solved in this paper. The research methodology mainly explains the author's research work process and the methods used and results and conclusions shall be substantial. The contribution must provide high quality abstract and key words in English.
(5) The text: The paper shall have distinct opinions, reliable arguments, rigorous logic, clear structure, detailed content and clear key points; Detailed analytical data and charts shall be provided in the text. If there are Latin, Greek or other foreign characters in the text, please indicate the language type, capitalization, italics, upper and lower subscripts and the meaning when they first appear. The usage of quantity and unit in the paper shall conform to the national standard. The formula shall be coded continuously, and the symbols in the formula shall be annotated.
(6) Figures and tables: Charts shall be self-explanatory, and the names shall begin with basin name or region name and provide the English version. All forms are three-line tables. The maps shall be clear, with clear lines and symbols, and complete legends. Usually, the maps shall be no more than 8 pieces. The base maps of national geological maps shall be the standard map downloaded from the bureau website (http://bzdt.ch.mnr.gov.cn/) instead of a foreign one. Please provide a vector image file format that allows editing.
(7) Introduction of the lead author and corresponding authors:
About the author: name (birthday -), gender, degree, job title, research work and direction, E-mail.
About the corresponding author: name (birth -), gender, degree, job title, research work and direction. E-mail, phone number.
(8) Acknowledgment: All sources of financial support from institutions, individuals, and businesses in this paper shall be recognized. Any potential conflicts of interest shall be identified in the paper. The data provided in the paper shall be authorized, with principal grantor being listed. All the above information shall be indicated in the acknowledgements section.
(9) References: References shall be marked in accordance with the sequential coding system, with no less than 20 references each paper. Chinese references must be accompanied by English translations. The format shall conform to the GB/T 7714 – 2015 standard.
(10) Length: Contributions shall be composed in accordance with the form of this journal. The length is generally no more than 8,000 words, including pictures, tables, abstracts and references.
Please login to our website and click on " Online Submission" under the " Office Online" on the left column to contribute your manuscript.
Please fill in the information one by one according to the requirements and upload the manuscript.
After submission, you can check the progress and result of manuscript review on the website or our WeChat official account (Reservoir Evaluation and Development).
Instructions for online submission and review
Please read the rules of submission carefully, and then submit the manuscript on the "Author Submission System". Internet Explorer is a recommended retrieval system.
1. Please visit the website “http://red.magtech.org.cn/”, click on the “Online Submission” under "Office Online" on the left-hand column
2. Log in the system with your username and password. If it is your first time to use the system, please register for an account with your personal information (information shall be as complete as possible).
3. After logging in, click the “Submission".
4. Please read the "Confirmation of Submission", "Instructions for Submission", "Copyright Transfer Agreement" and "Non-Disclosure Agreement" in order and click "Agree and Continue to Submit".
5. Submit your paper in 10 steps according to the "Submission Steps" on the left side of the page.
(1) fill in the title of the paper
(2) fill in the author's information
If there is only one author, please click "Next"; if otherwise, please enter the name or E-mail of the other authors, and then click "Search and Add New Author". The system will check whether the author has registered. If registered, you can directly select the author; If the author has not registered, please fill in the details in the page.
Please repeat the above steps until all author’ information has been added.
(3) fill in the abstract of the manuscript
(4) fill in the information about funding.
(5) recommend reviewers
① If you want to recommend reviewers, please click the "Add" to recommend 1-2 suitable reviewers and enter their details, especially their contact information.
② If you do not recommend a reviewer, click "Next".
③ The editorial department has the right to select other reviewers according to the actual situation, and the opinions of the authors are for reference.
(6) Ask to avoid reviewers.
① Please provide the reviewers requested to be avoided in this manuscript. Please click the "Add" button and enter their details, especially their contact information.
② If you do not have reviewers to withdraw from, click "Next" to continue.
③ The editorial department has the right to select appropriate reviewers according to the realities, and the opinions of the authors are for reference.
(7) Leave a message to the editorial department
If you have any special requirements, you can leave a message to the editorial department and we will seriously consider your comments.
(8) Please upload the manuscript.
① Please select the manuscript on your computer, and then click "Upload".
② If you have multiple files, please compress them into a package and upload it.
(3) Please control the size of your documents within 20M, which is easy for review.
(9) Check your information and submit.
Please confirm the information you have filled in. If there is no problem, please click "Submit". If you want to abandon the above content, please click "Home Screen". The above information will be saved in the "Unfinished Submissions" list.
① After successful submission, the manuscript can still be modified, but it shall not be modified during the review process.
② If the editorial department asks you to modify the manuscript according to the opinions of the reviewer, you can find it in the "Manuscript to be Revised" list on the home screen of author.
③ If you cancel the submission or close this window, the manuscript can be found in the "Draft" list on the home screen, and you can continue to submit.
(10) Automatic response after your submission
6. If you want to check the status of the manuscript, please log in the "Submission Tracking" and click "Processed Manuscript" under "My Manuscript". The number, title, date of receipt and status of the manuscript will be displayed in the right column.